Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Control (Repost)

My arms
no longer by the side of me
rather they are stretched out
as if they are thinking differently then me
out trying to reach something that I was told was suppose to be free
Love
but why do I feel as if I paying for something that I will never be able to
actually afford
my arms are reaching to be caught up in the middle of another's limbs
that are suppose to hold me with amorous embrace
and a chest that shelters a heart
that replaces any other sound with a genuine heart race
my arms reach with caution though
because my arms are wanting you to hold me now
But everything else inside of me is saying no
and staring each other down
doesn't help
because my arms would do anything to be apart of another's body
and push me into your arms as if they were apart of Cupid themselves
my arms aren't listening to me
as if these arms know what's best for me
They have plans for me
but I can't support them
because I feel like I been reaching out for you for way to long
I don't want them to reach out in hope that you are doing the same in return
and I don't want my arms to be wrap around air
I don't want to embrace you and realize that this affair is only allowed to be rare
I don't want my arms to coil around your waste to find that my limbs don't belong there
I don't want them to be wrapped around you
to only find out after that I can't hold you for too long
And I don't want to reach out to touch someone who doesn't really exist here
So I try to restrain my arms
And keep then under control
because my arms are the only thing listening to what my heart wants, besides my stare
But I can't let myself go for someone that I don't know was really ever there

No comments:

Post a Comment

And I'm Outta Here.
Peace, Love, Joy