Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Behind

There is a lot to say

without even making the smallest sound

I am a relationship and still can't find myself wearing

a full heart-ed smile

our conversations are personal, never a feeling for either of us to lie

and when I am with you

and it's time for you to leave, I want you to stay for a longer  while

but I am losing track of our time

and I'm hiding inside of my own self,

seeking to only find myself being lonely inside

Maybe you are lost too

and maybe your loneliest can't find me

but I'm standing right in the open and I am starting to think 

you don't really want to seek me

Maybe you might be more than what I need

and maybe we did this too soon

we could be crashing our own love down

and maybe I just don't know what to do with the love that you gave me

and maybe this union was something I did to

see if you could just save me

but I can't see myself letting you go

we understand each other and on the outside we look perfect

but there is something here that's not right

that is not fair

but I cant stop myself from looking into those

eyes that tell me we're fine

but I find myself behind

and I know you are saying "I oughta know by now"

because  you wanted  you to be mine

but I don't

and I want to know that your heart will be promised

and your truth will be contagious

I want to know by now that I do not have to worry

and I want to know by now that I do not have to think about anymore "maybes"

And I want to know that you and I can have the most to say over any sound

and I just don't want to wear a smile, rather I want you to feel it when your not around

and I ought to hear you over my music

and there is a reason our different worlds clicked

we are together and I want to be able to exist with you 

and I don't want to feel alone when I have you

something is missing from us

and because you first found me,

I am determined to find u









No comments:

Post a Comment

And I'm Outta Here.
Peace, Love, Joy