Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Blessing on us Both


I found new love again
And that's only because it was almost perfect
Almost worth it
Courting me as if you were done seeking affection from random misses
And I was the one that made you different 
The one that made you hope for marriage
Playfully but carefully picked out subtle names for subsequent babies 
That you believed, if we had a girl she would drive you crazy 
Bc you explained she would look and act like her mother,
Me 
Your stubborn, strong willed but delicate lady
I wanted to love this man 
Who agreed, our babies would share the same first letter as our names
You would argue, as if I was having your child so bad 
that our first daughter would be named after your favorite football team 
Bc you are a huge Dallas fan
I miss this man 
and it sucks because all I imagine is kissing this man 
But I had to write this poem bc it helps me
Release a little bit of you from me at a time 
Helps me to cope with the reality that you are no longer mine 
Our conversations are now empty and before I could only imagine that what we are putting ourselves through now, could only be a lie
I thought I was close
And now we are both pulling each other on opposite sides of the rope
And I can't trust u to pull me close
And I want to hold you but my hands still burn from the tugging you did on the rope 
And I want to love you but I don't want to tie you. down, for fear that you may just go
I prayed that this could work
I cried Bc of hurt
And I shake with the thought of having to face you one day soon, and know I will have to show u what I wrote,
In Jesus name I cried asking him to heal us both 
Clarify that this is love, and this may work
In your name I pray renew us both 
Get back to what really mattered the most
And relive the night you first met me,
And thought that this girl right here I can't not see her not being beside me
In his name let these words I wrote 
Help me release the control that I think I have and let the One Above workout a blessing on us both


I want to love you









No comments:

Post a Comment

And I'm Outta Here.
Peace, Love, Joy